Our structural, avionic, and system engineers are a part of the process at every stage – specifying, designing, assembling, testing, and certification...working meticulously from the initial preparation right through to the delivery of the aircraft.
Digital Engineering Services
Our industry-proven, agile approach to modernizing and sustaining aircraft, using the latest digital methods, is essential to the future of both military and commercial aviation. Key focus areas include:
- Reverse Engineering: converting legacy product definition into 3D technical data packages for reduced sustainment costs, cycle times, and impact due to obsolescence.
- Digital Thread: establishing a link between the most valuable datasets and the outcomes that matter most using modern Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) methods and tools.
- Digital Twin: creating and leveraging digital models of physical designs to reduce acquisition product development cycle times and enable conditioned-based maintenance outcomes.
Our engineering team designs all levels of military and commercial aircraft modifications using state-of-the-art Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) tools and techniques. Key focus areas include:
- Prototype Designs: creating virtual and physical prototypes to ensure delivery of the best solutions in the shortest time.
- System Integrations: orchestrating multi-system integrations aimed at delivering new and/or extended life capabilities.
- Configuration Changes: modifying aircraft to the latest customer standards.
- Publications: producing both technical and maintenance publications to support modified designs.
Our engineering analysis capabilities ensure that all systems components operate smoothly and perform as they should. Areas of analysis include:
- Classic Structural Stress Analysis
- Finite Element Analysis
- Damage Tolerance
- Aerodynamic Load Analysis
- Computational Fluid Dynamics Modeling
- Failure Modes and Effect Analysis
- Electrical Load, EMI / EMC (electromagnetic), and Antenna Conflict Analysis.
Ground and Flight Testing
Field Aerospace can conduct ground and flight tests on many types of aircraft - large or small, piston, turboprop, or jet-powered. Our capabilities span a wide range, including testing:
- Rf Hazard
- Antenna Performance
- Airframe Performance
- Radar and Electro-Optical Sensor Performance
- Interior Configuration Evaluations and Compliance
With our high level of delegated authority, as a Transport Canada Design Approval Organization (DAO) and FAA-approved Organization Designation Authorization (ODA), we are able to deal with most certification issues in-house and can obtain TCCA, FAA, or EASA certification for your projects- specifically in structures, damage tolerance, flight test, avionics, and electrical systems.
Our excellent relationship and established history in working with Transport Canada, the FAA, and EASA results in efficient communications, cooperation, and project coordination with these groups. We ensure the applicable airworthiness authorities are informed and involved in our programs wherever necessary to help ensure the most efficient certification process achievable.